Why Call Us First?
We always check that our members have up-to-date insurance and licenses (if applicable). Our members are also required to sign a Code of Ethics and follow them.
Our Members receive access to:
- Industry and consumer trends
- New building technology
- Innovative financing plans
- Changes in state and local building codes and ordinances
- Ongoing education that keeps them professional
- Environmental regulations
We want to ensure they have the ability to keep up with the industry changes. A company that plans to line up jobs, take the money and disappear will not take the time to join a builders association.
Look For This Sticker
You can feel comfortable and sure of the professionals you hire knowing that we verify that our member contractors, electricians and plumbers have the required license to practice in Wisconsin.
Why Use Our Members?
- Have high ethical and professional standards
- Are committed to meet or exceed the minimum standards of the industry as defined by state and local codes.
Member companies must abide by the bylaws and code of ethics of LABA. In addition, members must conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.
The La Crosse Area Builders Association (LABA) always holds the right to expel members who violate our bylaws and code of ethics. LABA also makes sure the prospective member is a legitimate company using multiple resources available to us and the public.
Companies not accepted as Members:
- Open tax warrants
- Expired or no license required for their trade
- Insurance that is not current
- Convictions for recent building related crimes
Phone Numbers To Help You
NEED A NUMBER?
Wisconsin Department of Labor & Industry
Unclaimed Property Division
(608) 267-7977 or Toll Free: (877) 699-9211
Energy Information Center
La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce
City Hall – Onalaska
City Hall – La Crosse
La Crosse County Landfill
Other Building Resources
Wisconsin Builders Association
Building Contractors License Look-up
Water Runoff Info – La Crosse County
Wisconsin Consumer Information
Building Permit Information for New Homes:
How to Choose a Builder:
Construction Industry Quality Standards:
Construction Defects Dispute Resolution:
Weatherization Assistance Program: